Saturday, November 20, 2010

Falling Hard for Rexburg Idaho

So....i have a little confession to make today. Throughout the first semester here at BYU-i... Kristy has not exactly warmed up to the idea of living the college life.  However, i am starting to think that Rexburg is devising a plan against this little paradigm that i have comfortably created. Since i haven't entirely 'fallen' head over heels emotionally.. this place is aggressive in its plan to make me do so physically.
Let me Explain. 
I don't think it is possible for me to count the times i have tripped, fallen, bumped into, smacked into and just plain fallen over myself in the past 3 months.
At FHE a month ago: a pole ran into my face 
    Humanities class: I step on the same guys shoes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday because he doesn't ever give me enough room to get past
    Last night  : In high heels and i pencil skirt i fell down the steps in the snow concert hall...I guess one good thing about going to an Opera all alone is you can look like a total fool and it doesn't matter too much cuz no one knows your name. 
    This morning while doing Laundry: The shelf that is above the washer decided it wanted to make contact with my forehead.
Guitars Unplugged: Mariah was kind enough to not notice the 3 times i slid down the steps. When she did finally look back i was on my bum about to give up on standing up again

Unfortunately this is only about 10% of the incidents that have disrupted the MYTH that taking Ballet last year had given me enough dexterity to last a lifetime. 
Who knew College would turn me into such an awkward person....




No comments:

Post a Comment